Modern day blogging is demanding, and a professional blogger often has to spend a considerable part of his day; cramped in front of the computer and typing away at the screen.
Among other things, a blogger has, on a regular basis, to research and come up with new posts, review guest post requests (which actually is more complicated than it sounds), moderate comments, network on social media websites, promote his content and do a whole lot more.
Now that is a lot of work!
While a blogger is preoccupied with his demanding schedule, it can be easy for him to ignore his health – something which can have severe consequences both in the short and the long run. Ill health can be a serious obstacle to productive blogging. It is therefore important for a blogger to devote attention to his heath so that he can concentrate on doing what he does best i.e blog.
Here are some health tips for bloggers to help them stay fit and active. Remember a healthy blogger is a wealthy blogger (If you’ve received an Adsense payment anytime soon, you’ll know what I mean).
1. While blogging, always keep a bottle of water at hand and keep yourself hydrated by taking a sip every now and then.
2. Look away from the screen for at least 30 seconds for every 15-20 minutes spent before the computer. By doing so, you protect your eyes for being too strained.
3. Never compromise on a good night sleep. Sleeping for at least 7 hours every day is an absolute necessity. Sleep rejuvenates your mind and soul and helps you in being more productive.
4. Remember to sleep early so that rise early in the morning. Put your phone out of your reach before going to bed so that sleep peacefully.
5. Sitting for long hours before the computer on a regular basis can lead to severe back problems even at an early age. Break an extended computing session into several segments by taking a few minutes break in between. Use this break to do a little bit of ‘stretching’ or simply move about in the room.
6. Exercise daily. 30 minutes of exercise is all you need.
7. Make sure that you have a comfortable sitting arrangement.
8. Make sure that the room you work in has adequate lighting arrangements.
9. Be regular as far as your meal timings are concerned. Never skip your breakfast.
10. Practice yoga to reduce stress levels.
11, Talk to your family members and go out with friends every now and them. This will help your mind to relax. Remember not to take any unnecessary stress.
12. Remember too much of anything is bad. Avoid any addictions like smoking or drinking. Even consuming too much of caffeine can be bad for your health.
13. On similar lines, avoid using headphones for extended periods of time.
14. Monitor your blood pressure and cholesterol levels at regular intervals.
15. A healthy diet is the best gift you can give your body. Eat lots of fruits specially seasonal ones to keep ailments at bay.