Is it possible to make money from a Facebook page?
It comes as a surprise to many when I tell them about the possibility of making money from a Facebook page.
In this post we discuss how you too can make money from Facebook.
What are the basic things that you require before you can start making money from your Facebook page?
Before you can start making money with your Facebook page, you need to have a niche-Facebook page with a decently large following.
A niche Facebook page is one that is dedicated to sharing content on a particular topic or interest.
The Importance of creating a Niche focused Facebook Page:
The importance of creating a Facebook page dedicated to a particular niche lies in the following facts:
- It is easier to have a dedicated following on a niche page than on a page that caters to a wide variety of interests.
- Marketing to a set of people having a defined set of interest is relatively easier that marketing to set of people having a wide variety of interests. (More on this later)
Getting a following on your Facebook Page:
Getting a decently large following on your Facebook Page is the most important step to making money from your Facebook Page.
The following are a few tips that might help you in getting more followers for your Facebook Page:
- Post on a consistent basis.
- Post content most likely to be shared by your target audience.
- Use automation tools like Buffer and HootSuite to schedule content.
- Experiment with Facebook Ads.
- Invite people who like specific posts on your page to like your page. (You can create a Facebook Ad campaign promoting a specific post and invite all those who like the post to like your page.)
How to make money with your Facebook Page:
Now that we have discussed all the basics, we will proceed to explain how you can make money from your Facebook page.
You can make money with your Facebook page in the following three ways:
Affiliate Marketing is a form of referral marketing wherein you earn a commission for every purchase someone makes based on your recommendation of the affiliate’s products or services.
The concept of Affiliate Marketing can be explained in the following steps:
- You sign up with an Affiliate Platform like Amazon to promote their products and services.
- You recommend a product or service (by sharing a link with your tracking code) to someone who is likely to find it useful.
- The person makes a purchase (by following the link shared) based on your recommendation.
- You get paid a commission from the Affiliate based on the Purchase.
To make money from Affiliate Marketing with your Facebook Page, you must sign up with an affiliate network that:
- Offers products or services that are likely to be relevant to your Facebook Page’s Audience.
- Allows the sharing of affiliate links on social media.
Note that as of the date of this writing, both Flipkart and Amazon have affiliate programs that allow the sharing of affiliate links over social media. (However, make sure that you check with the respective companies before signing up)
Once you sign up with any of the affiliate platforms like Amazon, you can generate affiliate links for products and services that your Facebook page audience is likely to find relevant.
When you share the affiliate link on your Facebook Page, and someone follows the link to make a purchase, you earn a commission.
The affiliate link contains a tracking code, which helps in identifying the referrer to whom the commission must be paid.
If you have a sufficiently large audience on your Facebook page, brands would pay you money to promote their content on your Page.
By promoting their content on popular Facebook pages, brands aim to gain more exposure for their products/websites/social media profiles. This would mean getting more traffic for their websites or more followers for their social media handles.
For example, if you have a page dedicated to parenting, an ecommerce store selling toys might approach you to promote their website on your page.
Generally, for promoted content, the request would originate from the Brand’s end. They would approach you with the request on the contact details shared by you on your Facebook page. The payment is generally mutually agreed upon on a per post basis.
You can also make money by promoting your own products or services on Facebook page.
To cite an example, if you have a popular page dedicated to photography, you could launch your very own ‘photography course’ on your Facebook page.
Similarly, you have a blog, you could use your Facebook page to drive traffic towards your blog.
Again, if you have a flair for writing, you could use your Facebook page to drive more sales for your e-books.
The possibilities are endless.
The above are some of the ways in which you can make money from your Facebook Page. However, remember that to make any decent money from your Facebook page, you need to have a large active community on your page.
So, you must concentrate all your efforts in building a large active community on your Facebook Page. Once you have achieved this, making money would not be difficult.
Thanks for your time.